Does your child need to see the counselor?
- I begin every school day with a group of students assisting me with the Pledge of Allegiance. We rotate through all classrooms at least twice during the school year allowing all students the opportunity to lead morning announcements.
- We sing songs from the Integrity Time character education curriculum as well as recite together the definition of integrity.
- I read about a different character trait every week. Each character trait is linked to a letter of the alphabet. The corresponding banners are hung in our school cafeteria. Come check them out!
- Beginning in September, I am able to meet with every classroom once a month for a 30 minute lesson teaching social and emotional skills.
- Guidance lessons cover a variety of topics including (but not limited to): friendship/conflict resolution, team building, bullying prevention, growth mindset, goal setting, career interests, anger management/self regulation, and respect.
- Teachers have the opportunity to request specific lesson topics that pertain to their classroom environment. I lOVE the opportunity to visit every classroom and enjoy getting to know our students and their personalities!
- Students may meet with me individually to address their specific needs.
- These students may be referred to me by their teacher, the school Principal/Assistant Principal, and of course you the parent! Please feel free to email or call me to set up a time for me to talk with your child.
- Our individual sessions are typically held during the student's last 15 minutes of art activity or directly following art activity. It allows students this age to easily remember the day/time to expect me to check in on them. It also allows for no interruptions to academic time!
- Individual counseling topics typically include: anger management, anxiety, separation anxiety, divorce, friendship, grief, honesty, self esteem, social skills, respect, etc.
- Group tours will be given every Friday during the month of April. We begin promptly at 2:00. The tour will cover the entire school building and is geared toward new Kindergarten students. All are welcome to attend. Please meet us in the front foyer of the school.
- Individual tours of the school may be scheduled as needed throughout the school year. Please contact me 24 hours in advance to schedule your tour.